A delicious little soup with a great amount of protein and low fat.
- 2 tbsp Ginger, sliced
- 3 Scallions, roughly chopped
- 1 Onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 qt Beef stock
- 2 Whole star anise
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 3 Whole cloves
- 3 tbsp Fish sauce
- ½ lb Flat rice-stick noodles
- 14 oz Sirloin steak, trimmed of fat and sliced into paper-thin slices
- 1 1/2 cup Bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, leaves
- ¼ cup Mint, leaves
- 2 Scallions, cut into 2” long and thin julienne slices
- 1 Lime, sliced into 4 wedges
- 1 sml Red chili, thinly sliced
- Add all the broth ingredients to a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the noodles according to packet directions, when cooked drain and set aside.
- After simmering time, drain the broth and remove all solid ingredients. Return the broth liquid back to the saucepan cover and bring back to the boil.
- Divide noodles among 4 soup bowls, then top with even portions of the thinly sliced beef.
- Pour over the boiling hot broth in even portions, the heat from the broth with tenderly cook the meat.
- Top with the bean sprouts, fresh cilantro, fresh mint, scallions and sliced chili.
- Serve with a wedge of lime.